Post Number: 189
|Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 06:11 pm: |
Thanks to Tim we have a nice word in our "language' Bio marker.
This are informations we can use as "coaches" and field worker to close the gab between lab research and in the field work.
One of the big problems is the "miss-understanding " on lab information and how to transform it into the real life of a coach and a person like you and me on the road. We would like to use information and new ideas in the field , but it has to be easy to use and easy to understand ( interpretation ) This way we can collect changes in the real world , which may occur over 3 - 5 or 10 years and see the possible difference between functional reaction ( and structural changes.
The following is a short respond to Tim in a private conversation . Read and enjoy and add. Juerg
Hallo Tim , great idea great work. That is what we do since 10 years , looking trends of certain Bio markers.
Here some of the bio markers we use.
- RLX or HRV (heart rate Variability for the assesment of cardio 'fatigue'.
- Lactate trends in any comparable version ( like yours ) for metabolic and possibly muscle fiber changes -trends) ( depending on Time )
- VO2 ( relative ) as a bio marker of improved efficiency by a given sub-maximal work load.
- TAV/ RF//TV - total air volume / respiratory frequency/Tidal volume -volume per breath ) as a bio marke r for possible pulmonary /respiratory changes over time.
- O2 sat as a possible bio marker on indirect situation of blood quality Hb/Hct and so on .
- FeO2 % ( O2 expired as a bio marker for utilization of O2 in combination with pulmonary assessment.
The excel sheet with the client I sent you is one of our forms to compare changes based on bio markers and see what certain changes in certain system may influence on the body.
What markers are easy to use.
1. HRV is this days very easy thanks to Polar
2. Lactate easy ( lactate pro )
3. Respiratory frequency easy over Bio - harness.
This all in the field
If you test indoor on a ergo meter you use much easier a Fit Mate which for certain sports could be used as well in the field ( very small and portable
With this you add all of the above ( except lactate and HRV , which you have anyway on your watch.
I attach a full assessment with all the components as well as the caloric efficiency which is crucial in longer races.